Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Usb port side door broken on GoPro Hero 5 Black

The USB side door cracked when I tried to take it off. The plastic holding it to the small metal bar just snapped although I did not force it. I have taken it off a few times to mount the camera on Karma grip and noticed that it doesn't come off too easily. However, today it snapped just like in this article: http://diytripods.com/gopro-hero-5-black-mechanical-difficulties/
Now I have two questions:
- since I just purchased the camera a couple of weeks ago from Amazon.co.uk am I entitled for a replacement? Not for the entire camera but for the door.
- is the waterproofness of the door affected in any way? The door slides in fine and the rubber seal is intact.
I would really appreciate if someone from GoPro support would comment and offer a solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Usb port side door broken on GoPro Hero 5 Black

@cataling148 - Our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus will likely be able to hook you up with a replacement door. Just give us a call.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

I am not support but  you will have to return the whole camera, its Amazon you can return the camera and get a new one right?>

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @fishycomics,

I don't get it... why return the camera? The camera works fine. I just need a replacement USB side door. Or, if functionality is not at all affected by breaking that piece of plastic, I don't even need a replacement. Considering the poor design, that plastic would have cracked eventually as I am usign the GoPro on and off the Karma grip so it gets removed a lot.

So, if possible, I would still like to get an opinion from someone at GoPro on this. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

@cataling148

then pay 20.00 non-member or 15.00 membership of plus. or don'tuse it and remember the  compromised  waterproof is gone 

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@cataling148 - Our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus will likely be able to hook you up with a replacement door. Just give us a call.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jeff,

I already contacted GoPro Support and they were very very nice and prompt and I already received the replacement.

What I can say now is that the original door was faulty in some way. The replacement clicks on/off much easier and also closes and opens much easier. I guess the original one was somehow too tight in that space, like it was a bit oversized.

Thumbs up for GoPro Support! Keep up the good work and vibe.

Highlighted
Hiker

"I guess the original one was somehow too tight in that space, like it was a bit oversized."

Yes, that was my thought too.

Unfortunately, I have just now ordered and payed for a new door, despite the warranty still valid. I saw this thread after the placement of the order. :(

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi I have some issues with the usb cover on hero 5 , I am trying to contact via the live chat but always I am banned from the conversation.. if is there any person from go pro support team please contact me!