Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Uploading file from Heror 9 to iMac

[ New ]

I now have my replacment Hero 9 and it too is doing the same.  I am capable of uploading to the iMac (MacOS Catalina 10.15.7) 2012 but several files show blank images.  They do appear to be videos (i believe).  Out of 180 plus combination videos and pictures taken a handfull have no images and they look blank.  I took a screen shot to show. I would also say that these interupt the transfer of files and left another dozen or so pictures behind.  I had to manually transfer videos (with images & file names) and pictures????

Hopefully this is clear...for me....this leans toward SW issue......

This is going to be used and purchased for my 35th anniversary HAWAII CAMERA that I spent a good chunk of money on. I would think QA would have validated against all flavors of iMac and PC.........I'm sure its fixable!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 10.44.48 AM.png
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: Uploading file from Heror 9 to iMac

[ New ]

Your Video's could have been recorded in HEVC format.  If your Mac doesn't support HEVC file playback, this could be the issue.  I believe MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 has difficulty with those files and you may need addtional software installed to play back HEVC files.

Hiker

Re: Uploading file from Heror 9 to iMac

[ New ]

Checking with Apple  - at this time I read that High Sierra and above (Catalina) began support for HEIF / HEVC (H.265) attached via USB port for transfers.  (https://support.apple.com/en-sa/HT207022

Maybe I'm reading this wrong...