Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Upload to GoPro Plus - erratic

When auto uploading to GoPro Plus I am unable to upload a 7 minute video. Other shorter videos taken before/after uploaded fine. There is no difference in the settings, only the length. I've also tried manually uploading which will not upload this one particular video. Is 7 minutes too long to upload or is there some other issue? My internet connection is fine and I've tried repeatedly.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Upload to GoPro Plus - erratic

Hi @fleetapex0841

Is this a chapter of long recording?

Kindly try checking the status page.

See Manage upload page in PLUS cloud

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for pointing me to the Upload Status page. The upload shows as failed but the Retry option does not work; when I select this it shows as under development? And I can't delete the failed item in order to retry? I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by chapter - my 7 minute video recording is nothing fancy, just a regular video with normal settings.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @fleetapex0841. Chaptered files are smaller files that are components of a long video.  A long video may show as one singe file on the camera but would show up as multiple, shorter clips when viewed through the GoPro App or the computer. There is more information about it here

Retry is the only option available to uploads with Failed status. What happens when you retry uploading the file manually? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for explaining chapters - I guess my >7 minute recording must be chaptered. When I try to Retry I get the message "This feature is under development. Check back later". When I try a manual upload the camera tells me "no media to upload".

Highlighted
GoPro

How do you do the manual upload, @fleetapex0841? Try saving the files to your computer (If not there yet) then log in to your GoPro subscription account through plus.gopro.com . Once there, click on the Add Media button and choose the file/s that you would like to upload. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!