Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Upload Issues to be fixed (+quite easy to fix)

[ New ]

I'm new to GoPro but clearly see what should be fixed in a future FW update:

Camera uploads by series of ~5M chunks in a single stream having about 6-8Mbps max. It works so slow that it's hard to find a proper moment to let the cam finish uploading average sized videos (considering 5k frame size).

Posiible solution: run upload in 4-8 streams in parallel!

Because it's SO SLOW - instead of number of videos/number left - show some valuable info on the screen like Mb uploaded/Mb total! + current upload speed.

Those easy to implement fixes could at least make the cloud service usabe..

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Upload Issues to be fixed (+quite easy to fix)

[ New ]

Hello,

The camera uploads parts from 4 files at a time. This is because the typical use case is that users shoot many items before they setup their camera for upload. If your workflow is such that you are doing one video at a time, then I would suggest that you upload from the browser. That does multiple parts at a time and will make better use of your bandwidth for a single file. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback, @graydusk62002. We will pass this along with the team. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I hope that you'll do something with this asap because if it stays this way I would not be willing to end up my 30day trial committing to a yearly subscription.

The problem is that I am basically unable to use the cloud service - I've already tried 3 times uploading from the cam - it just silently fails after couple of hours. Tried to upload from PC - it's even worse in terms of speed (camera switches between servers for each chunk at least)...

speed_plus_gopro.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello,

The camera uploads parts from 4 files at a time. This is because the typical use case is that users shoot many items before they setup their camera for upload. If your workflow is such that you are doing one video at a time, then I would suggest that you upload from the browser. That does multiple parts at a time and will make better use of your bandwidth for a single file. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks