Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Upload Error: Check wifi connection and try again

[ New ]

Auto upload has not been working, so tried to manually upload today (camera is plugged in / at 100% charge). I've turned off auto upload. The wifi connection shows as connected on the screen (although have experimented with forgetting network and reconnecting). Wifi is working (verified via other devices). Whenever I try to manually upload, I receive the error: "Upload Error Check wifi connection and try again." 

Gopro model: Hero 8 black

GoPro

Re: Upload Error: Check wifi connection and try again

[ New ]

Hello, @catcamerapro. How are you doing the manual upload? See the portion under "Uploading through GoPro.com" at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Add-Media-to-GoPro-Subscription/ta-p/401627 .

Tourist

[ New ]

I attempted that, but I do not have a gopro plus setting option in my app despite the fact that I have a subscription.

When I click on My Account, the GoPro Subscription section is grayed-out. I tried to click "Restore Purchases" and nothing happens. I have deleted the app and reinstalled, but still grayed out.

Please advise.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @catcamerapro. We see that you have subscribed via iTunes. See if you might have chosen  “Hide my Email” when you subscribed. Try the following steps: 

1. From the iOS Device, go to Settings App > Tap your Name Apple ID
2. Select Password & Security
3. Under Sign in with Apple ID, choose “Apps Using Apple ID”
4. Choose GoPro
5. You will see under “Hide my Email,” This App Received shows a privaterelay.appleid.com domain. This will become the email address for your GoPro subscription.

Tourist

[ New ]
I am sharing my email. When I navigate to the settings as described I see the following:
Go Pro logo
Hyperlink for Privacy Policy
Hyperlink for Ts and Cs
Statement “You created an account with this name and email of 9.7.20 and shared your name and email.
Then there is an option in red to stop using my Apple ID with a statement below “Next time you use this app you may be asked to create a new account”

GoPro

[ New ]

How did it go? Were you able to login into your account? 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

No - there is nowhere to login. I don't understand where I would have logged in... it's all grayed out.

Tourist

[ New ]

talked to someone on the phone and they resolved.