05-15-2020 09:33 AM - last edited on 05-15-2020 10:36 AM by aragon1006
Website tells you to go to the app, app sends you back to the website. I've downloaded the update on my phone, but have no idea if it's updated to the camera. Camera indicates an older version. There is no button to click saying "update camera" once the software update has been uploaded to the iphone....wasting time on it.
How does one update the camera once the software has been downloaded onto my phone? Should the camera remain off and connected via USB?? On?? Connected via wifi? The app leaves you hanging.
05-15-2020 10:39 AM
Sorry for any trouble caused.
You can update the HERO8 Black manually or through the app.
For this situation, we suggest running the update manually.
Please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Update page and choose your HERO8 camera.
- Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
- Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
- Click "Download Update."
- Click "Click here to download firmware."
- Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system
Let us know how it goes.