Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Updating Camera

[ New ]

Hello 

I am trying to set up my GOpro hero 8 to my Galaxy tab S2 but when I try to update camera I get a message ''There was an issue connecting to Gopro'' 

I have dowloaded the Gopro app no problem and the app finds the camera no problem but  I cannot seem to go any further than this.

there seems to be a connectivity issue.

can you help?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Updating Camera

[ New ]

Hello, @bluepeak47762. The latest version of the GoPro App is not supported in tablets. See GoPro App compatibility

We recommend doing a manual firmware update instead. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through it. Once updated, the camera will be able to connect to a compatible mobile device as normal. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

Versuche in den WLAN-Einstellungen der Hero8 von 5GHz auf 2,4GHz zu wechseln. und dann nochmals die Verbindung aufzubauen.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @bluepeak47762. The latest version of the GoPro App is not supported in tablets. See GoPro App compatibility

We recommend doing a manual firmware update instead. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through it. Once updated, the camera will be able to connect to a compatible mobile device as normal. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you I have tried this but unfortunately it didnt work.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bluepeak47762

Were you able to test it on a mobile phone?

Thanks!

Ej