04-06-2017 07:27 AM
I've tried to update the camera firmware via Quik. The updated failed and now I'm stuck with my gopro showing a constant red light flashing on the front. Can't turn it off. It's also showing on the small LCD screen some kind of a "no-parking" sign and also the numbers 1/2.
Please help, it's very frustrating.
04-06-2017 08:00 AM
I know usually 1/2 is updated process, but in this case it's showing this for more than an hour and after the 1/2 it shows something like a "no parking" sign (circle with a diagonal in the midle) and repeatig this for more than an hour.
I already removed the SD card copied the update folder to it and inserted, but nothing. I also can't turn it off, it's stuck with a red flash light and repeating the signs I mentioned before.
04-06-2017 11:57 PM
The update succeeded. Now I have the conection issue. No option to turn on wifi so I can't pair my device with Capture.
, I've seen different posts about it, followed the instructions but none of them helped me solve my case.
If I can't turn on wifi on my hero 5 session how Capture will be able to see my camera? Capture keep telling me "we can't find your gopro"
make sure wireless is on...
Very frustrating, please help
04-07-2017 09:56 AM
Just out of curiousity: You've read the manual (https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero5-session/manuals/HERO5Session_UM_ENG_REVC_Web.pdf) and you know there's a mode button on the lower back of your Session?
Be sure to select 'add new camera' ehen you started Capture APP and then follow the instructions to connect your camera.
HERO5 Session Pairing Process:
1. Open the Capture App and complete these steps:
- From the home page, tap on "CONNECT YOUR CAMERA".
- Tap on "Add New" in the top right corner.
- Tap on "HERO5 Session”.
2. Please pick up your camera.
- Press the MENU button to power your on camera.
- Tap the MENU button again until you see CONNECTION SETTINGS and select it with the SHUTTER button.
- Press the SHUTTER button to select "CONNECT NEW DEVICE"
- Press the MENU button to highlight the 'check mark', then select it with the SHUTTER button.
3. Go back to the Capture App and complete these steps:
- Follow the on-screen prompt to exit the Capture App and go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your device.
- Select the network name and enter the password displayed on your camera.
- Once connected, return to the Capture App.
You will be asked to pair using Bluetooth. This will extend your GoPro’s battery life. Please tap "Pair."
- After successfully pairing with Bluetooth you will see a live preview and are all set!
04-07-2017 10:34 PM
Hi, of course I read the manual and aware of that. The update is OK now. Unfortunately I can't connect my GoPro because it doesn't turn on its wifi so I can't see it on my devices. Each time I add a new camera in capture it tells me to connect new device from my GoPro and that's it, I follow the instructions but I can't continue because capture expect to see the GoPro wifi network and there's no GoPro wifi network. It keeps telling me "we can't find your GoPro".