Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Update error

[ New ]
My go keeps asking me to update it but every time I press update it says an error has occurred and to try again later. Any advice for that?
Tourist

Re: Update error

[ New ]
I am having the same error....it says cant update
Tourist

[ New ]
I’m having the same issue. Has a fix or workaround been found?
GoPro

[ New ]

@swiftsurf8484, @tonysarda, @jamesfharvey, are you trying to install the update through the GoPro App? 

If the Over the Air (OTA) update fails to install, this may be due to either a wireless connectivity issue or the mobile device itself. Try to unpair the camera with your mobile device and pair the two devices again, then attempt to install the update one more time. You can also try using a different device. 

If you continue to get the same problem with the wireless update, using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Tourist

[ New ]

is ther other tech suppot people working at go pro i have been trying too get ahold of some one to help with my device 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @paulo76083

We have sent a direct message.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I responded in private 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aenriquez - "Yes" to trying various techniques you mention below.  I tried 1) wireless connection, 2) cellular connection, 3) power cycling both iPhone and GoPro, 4) unpairing and repairing, 5) changing the SD Card, 6) changing the pairing to a different iPhone.  

Do I understand you correctly that I need to now purchase an SD Card adapter in order to hopefully make my GoPro work correctly?  Like most laptops manufactured the past 10 years, my laptop does NOT have a SD card slot.  Can you confirm there is no other workaround than for me other than to purchase an SD Card adapter for this one time use case?

Thanks,

James