Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Update Problems

[ New ]

Hello,
i have bought a second hand gopro hero 3. when i try to connect the phone to the camera wifi it asks me for a password, i have tested the one that appears by default (goprohero), but does not connect, so i have decided to reset the wifi network manually through the web. i have followed all the steps, i have downloaded the file to an empty memory card, but when i put the card back in the camera i get the error message in the update. I've repeated it at least 20 times. I tried to copy and paste on the memory card the complete folder (with the files), or the files outside the folder. In neither case could I update the software or change the wifi.
Please, could you help me.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Update Problems

[ New ]

Hi!

I have already solved the problem. I was using a sd card not suitable for the gopro, I only had to use one of the recommended on the web and I could already update the camera.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @joaquing05033

If you are using a HERO3, you need to unzip the Update folder then transfer the update files to the root of the SD card.

Do not transfer the UPDATE folder.

For reference, see Software Update Instructions for HERO3 Cameras

This should get it all sorted out.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi!

I have already solved the problem. I was using a sd card not suitable for the gopro, I only had to use one of the recommended on the web and I could already update the camera.

Thanks!