Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Update Hero 8

when comes the update where you can set Linear at 4k 60fps

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Update Hero 8

Updates show on your GoPro App. you can go to the gopro site that you are on now and manually udate the  camera.  Camera Software Updates  .  After you  flash you then recheck where you looked for 4K60 lens

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Updates show on your GoPro App. you can go to the gopro site that you are on now and manually udate the  camera.  Camera Software Updates  .  After you  flash you then recheck where you looked for 4K60 lens

Highlighted
Hiker

is it normal that the HyperSmooth Boost doesn't work in 4k 60fps linear?

Highlighted
Adventurer

w/o turning on the camera:

the ful features of the camera  e think are  all the Bells and whstles, they are not, so there has to be some limitations if asked?  What if they made this a 5.2K  Camera we would still want it all. and 4K have it all, all boils down to the  sensor.

Highlighted
Hiker

B3nch, that is correct. When GoPro informed reviewers that 4k60 Linear mode would have Hyperboost 2.0 added, they were also told it would not be Boost or High. Just finally "Enabled". That's something I had been waiting for also, and even though it would be nice to have it in ALL modes, at least it's available now in 4K60 Linear. I can certainly work with that. Maybe High will come in a future update. But I'm guessing it won't be until the next model, with an updated processor. And probably some new modes to go along with it.....

Highlighted
Hiker

I meant "HyperSmooth 2.0" not Hyperboost. Time for some coffee I guess........