Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Update Fail

Just wasted 2 hours trying to update a Hero3 White to 3.09. After updating, camera version still says 3.0 after I turn it on, which after 2 phone calls they say that is what it is supposed to say. So frustrating!

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Update Fail

no zipfolder the three actual files to...   and fails?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @markh1418. Did your camera show that it was updating and were you able to get the confirmation of the update in the form of a check mark? The latest firmware for HERO3 White is 3.07 and this is what should appear on the camera's display screen when you turn it on. The information is shown here as the last four digits.

I understand that you have gone through the steps already. But if you see 3.00, that means the update was not successful. Try re-flashing the firmware. Make sure that you are using a recommended SD card, and are choosing the correct firmware update from the selection - choose firmware update only, or Wi-Fi and firmware update - whichever is necessary. 

Also take note that you only move the update files to your SD card, and not the UPDATE folder. Feel free to post back for questions or concerns. Best regards!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi all. It goes through the update process, 100% show briefly but no checkmark. The camera shows 3.00 when starting it. Can it really be the sd card, I don't want to buy another one. It has been working fine so far. Thanks!
Highlighted
GoPro

This is odd @markh1418

To confirm that the update has gone through a check mark should appear and it should also be confirmed by the version number displayed on the camera.

Have you tried pairing the camera with the app? See if it will prompt for the update and check if it will work this way.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the suggestion. Pairing the camera with the app works fine and I get a your camera has an update notification. Clicking the link to update takes me back to the same spot, the update manually section.
Highlighted
Tourist

After updating, still have the 100% complete but no checkmark.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the update, @markh1418. What happens next after you get the "100% complete" on the camera's screen? Does the camera restarts? Or does it seem stuck on that screen?

This can also be pointing us to SD card incompatibility, or simply the SD card isn't able to keep up with the camera's speed during the update process. It will really help if you can try installing the update using a different recommended SD card.

Let us know how it goes.

Ann