Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Unkown firmware version after update

Hi there. I updated my GoPro Hero 6 using Quik. It said there was an issue. I manually updated twice now and the camera works but my firmware version is no longer recognized or the sd card capacity. What should i do?

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Unkown firmware version after update

On the camera, under preferences>About it doesn't show the firmware version? How about if you connect via the mobile app?

In video mode, turned on using the side mode button (not top shutter) the camera doesn't display a remaining recording time (this is your SD card capacity). How about when connected to the Mobile app?

BTW, what SD card are you using (make/model/size)?
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Daniel. I’m using a sandisk 256gb but it does the same now with the 64gb sandisk as well. Both these worked before. When I got to the about this camera, it shows model 2 something. So the camera is working fine but just no longer in Quik after the update.
Highlighted
Nomad

Technically the GP6 only supports up to 128GB cards.  Although people have used 256GB cards, the results have been unstable at best.  I would suggest doing a manual update of your GoPro using the 64GB card using the instructions found HERE.

Highlighted
Explorer

SanDisk makes several models of cards. Just saying SanDisk doesn't really answer the question. For example, if it's an Ultra, then it's definitely not the right card. If it's an Extreme, is it v30? If it's v30, is it A1?
Highlighted
Explorer