Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Unhappy with defective camera battery, unhappy with support even after I ordered a new camera

[ New ]

Just spent an hour with gopro support re my fusion that I purchased is September 2019, with some person from Indai (i assume),  I told her my battery would not hold charge and that it overheated after charging and would not allow the camera to funtion.

I went to GoPro website to order new battery.  Guess what?  They do not even offer them for the fusion. Why?  I purchased the fusion less than 3 months ago.

I called to ask them to refund my money and mentioned that I ordered a hero7 this am as I am leaving on vaction this week.

The support female said she had to troubleshoot my camera first, and started asking me questions about charging the battery etc.  I understand she has a script to adhere to but she told me I charged the battery for too long.

She told me to go to Best Buy to find a new battery.  Really?  That told me everyting I needed to know.  I hung up.

I will cancel mty order for the Hero7.

Go Pro is based in California, and as far as I am concerned is not someone I would recommend doing business with.