Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Underwater test - screen not working

I used the camera for the first time underwater and now i regret this decision. I took the camera to the seaside and i recorded 3-4 videos in total 4 minutes and after that i had a green line on the screen. After a while i had multiple green lines and the screen wasn’t working anymore, i could see what i was recording but not able to change to 360, or the camera. I thought i had water inside but not even one drop was inside.After a day the screen started to work, but i still have green lines on the screen and is not working properly. Now i can’t leave the battery inside because is staying always on and won’t upload the content on gopro plus cloud. What can i do with the camera? I need help
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Underwater test - screen not working

It is very important to make sure that the door is closed properly, and that the seals are free of any kind of debris... even a strand of hair in the seal or a piece of dirt or lint can cause the waterproof seal to fail, and even just a small amount of water getting inside of the camera can cause damage... I would reach out to the team, and while there is a fee for replacement, the fee is much better than the cost of a new camera...

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Underwater test - screen not working

It was dry inside, i hope it can be fixed not replaced, but if is not possible doesn’t matter. I pay the fee.
Thank you so much for assistance