Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Backpacker

Underwater With GoPro Fusion

So I have a quick question might be silly but GoPro Fusion is waterproof correct?

And I haven't seen many videos underwater? Can someone share some to see? 

Thanks! 

Backpacker

Re: Underwater With GoPro Fusion

although Fusion is waterproof, it doens't work well in water. The water changes the viewing angles so the 2 lenses don't stitch up correctly. It does warn of this on the GoPro website

Backpacker

@duanem8 Thanks!! With other VR rigs I’ve used them above sync the camera and then go underwater. Do you think the Fusion will be the same?
Backpacker

i doubt it tbh, from the videos I've seen the results have been terrible. I have heard of someone working on a waterproof case that will solve the distortion issue. I've heard it looks like a big fishbowl you put Fusion in, so not the prettiest of things

Backpacker

I recall GoPro doing a video of it underwater for a quick minute at the GoPro Event last year. Friends with the media creator @gopro so I’ll see what the team did to make theirs look good.
Tourist

i tried capturing some shallow scuba video and the resolution is terrible with three different fusions. my 1 year old nikon key mission 360 is much better. is there a firmware upodate that may improve this?

Backpacker

@clob I keep hearing that but haven't seen any videos of looking bad 🤷🏼‍♂️

So trying to find users with videos, and they might have an update since CES has some updates hopefully 

like every year they do. And it maybe Protune doing that or the bit rate is low and looks bad. 

Tourist

check this one i put on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YupMtW1Vbmk