Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Underwater With GoPro Fusion

I hope that the Chinese will start making underwater houses for gopro fusion like 360bubble. I would like a smaller case size and a lower price for the product. Can someone found an equivalent  360bubble?

Tourist

Anyone used the newfrog (?) underwater housing for scuba diving yet?

Explorer

I have the case (overpaid on Amazon).

And in this video Fusion is in the case (stitch lines are more visible because video was entirely compiled/edit with mobile app)

Explorer

Be sure to set the resolution playback to at least 1080p on the videos above or it wont look good.
Explorer

It wont work any better for scuba than the Fusion without a case (except for the added protection). I think the only way to get a good underwater 360 video/Photo with Fusion is with something like The 360Bubble.
Tourist

Okay, I am waiting for a replacement from New Frog.  My latch broke on the 2nd use!  It is the same exact manufacturer on Amazon.  It does nothing better underwater period trust me been diving all summer.  But I will say if they fix the latch issue (black plastic hinges) definitely worth getting because it protects the camera lenses completely.  Hope this helps.

Hiker

Do not buy these protective boxes like on Amazon.I got such a box today and I did a test. The result is this, the seam after stitching is very noticeable and I do not recommend using this protective case. I think that the wrong geometry of the glass that protects the lens, the fault

Bought here

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/45/32906514615.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5e1a33edNp3Zmo

Explorer

[ Edited ]

I think it really just depends on what you're filming. For me, when I'm surfing, mountain biking, or just out with the family, I'm fine with a little distortion at the stitch line. The added protection is a fair trade off for me. In the videos I posted, I don't give an opinion, just show the results. People can make up their own mind whether they want to purchase the protective case or not.

As far as durability, I still haven't had any issues with the latch, so perhaps it was just the first manufacturer batch that had this issue.