Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Underwater With GoPro Fusion

Hi fellows:

What is maximum depth you use the bubble 360ª? I have to do a 360º Filming at 13/15 meter depth. Specs say that is only for using until -10 meters, but perhaps the bubble tolerates this extra pressure.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried the housing available on Amazon (link) and the result wasn't great.  After a dive at 20m max depth, there was a noticeable amount of water inside the housing.  I can't tell whether the leak is through the seal or the buttons.  Also, after opening and closing the latch a few times, a piece of the black plastic latch broke off.  I've requested a refund from Amazon and sending it back.

Without any housing, the Fusion is very much limited to 5m depth.  Even at around 4m or so, I noticed that the shutter button is stuck in the depressed position, most likely due to pressure at depth, and I wasn't able to start recording in video mode.

Sightseer

Thanks for your reply Tommy, I will rule out the Gopro fusion then.

Any oyher colleague who has tested the bubble 360º housing deeper than 10 meters?

Cheers!

Sightseer

Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 360 Bubble and will recieve it in two weeks. I plan to dive with it in the next few weeks in New England waters. I will post results. In August I need a solution to take 360 video in a shark cage. I hope the bubble works. Hs anyine had any good results or tips that they can share?

Explorer

Haven't used the 360 bubble but very interested to know how your experience goes.
Sightseer

I currently own a YouTube Gaming channel and when spring comes I wanted to do more sport related items on my channel.  Such as Paintball and Airsoft.  I am assuming this camera would be good for that.  However, Since I am a Scuba diver I would like to take some footage as well from my Scuba trips.  From what I have read in this forum.  This isn't particularly good for underwater recording as of right now.  So I am just checking to see if anybody came up with a resolution to the underwater problem as in a setting that needs to be changed or a better case..... or if they can recommend another camera to use underwater.  So far from my research, I have like 5 different ones that people are talking about as good underwater cameras. The Insta 360 One X, Keymission 360 by Nikon, Virb 360 by Garmin, Orbit 360 4K by Kodak, and of course this one the GoPro Fusion.

Sightseer

Also, if I do purchase the GoPro Fusion can anybody recommend a good case for depth wise?

Explorer

If you can, I'd wait until Sept/Oct when the new 360 cameras come out. GoPro will most likely have a new 360 camera and there will be others on the market as well. Fusion is very good, and I enjoy it, but all of these cameras, including Insta 360 X are cumbersome when it comes to editing. The industry software is getting better, but it's just not there yet (computer or mobile). I have little doubt that GoPro is working on a solution and will drive the 360 market towards better innovation.