Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Unable to view media files from phone app

- Phones tested: OnePlus 7Pro (Android Oxygen OS 10.0.1) + Haweuei P20Lite (older software). Both using Vodafone. 

- GoPro Hero8

- GoPro app v6.2

I just recieved my new Hero8 and I'm having this important connectivity issue. I tried turning on/off both devices, changing to 2,4htz, turning on/off wifi & Bluetooth, all of that also disconnecting the devices (both on gopro, on the app AND in the Bluetooth). Nothing changed. I also tried playing around with the wifi settings (changing wifi-value provider to None, Smart Wifi off ecc).

I open the app and it seems to be able to connect, sayis "GoPro Hero 8 found", i'm able to rename it, but when i try to uncover the files on the gopro it gives me this message (pic attached, in italian but gives following message: "There was an issue. The app cancelled the request to choose a device."

ALSO I'm leaving for an awsome trip soon and need my gopro and app to be fully functional, SO PLEASE HELP

Thank you 

Giulio

c50332a8-9845-49d0-aa2b-458b93a4243b.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Unable to view media files from phone app

Hello  @giuliof7

Everyone!We have recently released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS.

Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Unable to view media files from phone app

I had the same problem but try to update the gopro appp and then try u will b able to connect and see yor gopro
Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: Unable to view media files from phone app

RISOLTO: mi è bastato cercare la password e nome del WiFi GoPro dentro la mia GoPro e connettermi manualmente (come un qualsiasi WiFi) dopo aver fatto la richiesta di connessione nell'app
Highlighted
Backpacker

Rif.: Unable to view media files from phone app

[ Edited ]

wow!... VoLTE ... Smiley Very Happy