Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Unable to use 256 GB samsung evo plus micro sd card

[ New ]

Hi,

I am unable to use the Samsung Evo plus 256 GB card as it always says SD card error and i have formatted it several times on my computer but it still says the same has even tried formatting in the device but it takes ages and does not return a result. please help i don't have any smaller capacity card as I read and bought this one. 

Thanks

Rahul

Sweden

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Unable to use 256 GB samsung evo plus micro sd card

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @rockylight056. An SD card error indicates that a communication issue between the camera and the card. If you have already gone through these troubleshooting steps, and the issue is unresolved, please try a secondary card from our Recommended List for the best performance.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @rockylight056. If you haven't yet, try manually updating the camera firmware (even if your HERO8 Black may already have the latest firmware). A manual update will help clear any possible error with the current installation. The steps below will guide you: 

1. Go to the Update page and choose your HERO8 camera.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system. 

If the update works (completed) and you continue to get the same error message, you may have to check with the card manufacturer as to troubleshooting steps that could be done. Also, it would be best to test with a different SD card (you may borrow for testing in the meantime, just to isolate the issue). Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Tried manual update of the firmware but again the sane error "SD CARD ERROR"

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @rockylight056. An SD card error indicates that a communication issue between the camera and the card. If you have already gone through these troubleshooting steps, and the issue is unresolved, please try a secondary card from our Recommended List for the best performance.