Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Unable to pair with android phone

I'm traying without success to connect and pair GoPro Hero with Samsung Galaxy S9.

The camera connects with the phone but doesn't establish pairing with the GoPro app.

I've made a factory reset and reinstalled the app but nothing help.

There is a WiFi connection but the application doesn't connect.

Is any additional way to execute a software update with USB cable.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Unable to pair with android phone

hello adam..

i have the same problem.. the phone reconizes the camera but it wont connect to the app.. it says: 'we couldn't connect to your gopro.'

ive tried 5 and 2,4 aswell.. no solotions there aswell.. i dont no what to do anymore.. hit me up if you have an solotion!

Highlighted
Tourist

I'll take it next week to our regional authorized support center. Unfortunately, I've got a "lemon" sample. Bad luck.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @adam1944 and @fireyapex30274,

Please try this. 

Reformat your SD card using a computer and make sure to use an SD card adapter instead of connecting the camera directly. 

Update your camera manually by downloading the camera's firmware on this website: www.gopro.com/update
After that extract the file and copy the UPDATE folder to your SD card.

Make sure that the SD card is empty before pasting the UPDATE File/Folder.

After that Insert the SD card to your camera and turn it on. 

After updating the camera manually open your phone's bluetooth settings and delete your GoPro or any GoPro Device under Bluetooth Settings.

After that you should be able to pair your GoPro to your phone. 

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Unfortunately, no success at all. My computer is windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I've installed WinZip. After unzipping, I've copied all thee files onto SD card. Then inserted into camera and started on. I've received SD Error and no longer visible in my Windows. It seems I've ruined the memory card. What a bad luck. Another memory card working OK but I afraid to make another try.

Is this update so important ?

Thanks to all.

Adam