Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Unable to pair my hero4 session to a new device because I forgot my camera password.

I followed this steps but...

HERO4 Session Pairing process

1. Open the GoPro App:
    • From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
    • Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android)
    • Tap "HERO4 Session.”
  2. Pick up your camera:
    • Press the "Info/Wireless" button to turn on the display.
    • Press the "Info/Wireless" button again to cycle to APP, then press the "Shutter/Select" button to select it.
  3. On the device, complete these steps:
    • Tap "Continue." --> at this point, it ask for the camera password which I forgot! and so I cannot proceed with the other steps.THANKS!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Unable to pair my hero4 session to a new device because I forgot my camera password.

Hello @spiryshore44334

If you do not have the password, try resetting the camera's Wi-Fi information first prior to the pairing process. In order to do this, start with the camera turned off. Then press and hold the back button on the camera for at least 8 seconds until you see the question "Reset Wi-Fi Yes No" displayed on the screen. Navigate to Yes through the back button and select it through the top (shutter) button. The camera will give you an indication that the reset has been completed. 

Once that is the case, go over the pairing process again. If the app asks for a password, the default one is goprohero. I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Unable to pair my hero4 session to a new device because I forgot my camera password.

Hello @spiryshore44334

If you do not have the password, try resetting the camera's Wi-Fi information first prior to the pairing process. In order to do this, start with the camera turned off. Then press and hold the back button on the camera for at least 8 seconds until you see the question "Reset Wi-Fi Yes No" displayed on the screen. Navigate to Yes through the back button and select it through the top (shutter) button. The camera will give you an indication that the reset has been completed. 

Once that is the case, go over the pairing process again. If the app asks for a password, the default one is goprohero. I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Adventurer

4  number password not goprohero by default

watch and re-learn how to  set back up

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Asyou see goprohero is not the password, its a 4 digit number mine was 4351.  Also  you see nothing in this world is easy with gopro,, it sure is you simply work out hte little issues it's throwing you.     As you see I got stumped but  also got it  worked  out just like that. not sure why I could not get to the reset, hmm I tend to forge the proceedure at times Lol.  well there you go we all are not perfect, just saying its  a 4 digit code

Yeah hero session is like said back mode 10 sec, hero 5 session is on exit  lol