Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Unable to import full videos from gopro

I have 2 videos around 40 minutes. My GoPro uploaded a 17 minute video for one and a 19 minute video for another and the other 20+ minutes from the original video won’t upload . I’m assuming GoPro is trying to trim the video and upload in sections but whatever they cut doesn’t upload. I CAN view the full videos on my GoPro they just don’t transfer. Any solutions ?
Tourist

Re: Unable to import full videos from gopro

Bump someone help Me :(
GoPro

Hi @scottk843

Please check this article: GoPro Camera File Chaptering Information

You need to use an editing application to stitch the files.

For editing options on your computer, we have had several customers give good reviews of Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X. 

For more advance video editing applications, please refer to DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) or Adobe Premiere Pro CC(Paid).

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I don’t think you even read my description ..... how can I edit a video that won’t upload ?
GoPro

Hi @scottk843

Sorry if I understood it differently.

How are you trying to import the files?

Is it via Quik for desktop or just straight to your computer?

Are you getting any specific error message?

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

Can you copy the files to your PC by plugging the sd card into a card reader and using explorer to access the directory?

I think that the Gopro plays back the .LRV file rather than the mp4 so if there's a corruption on the MP4 file it wouldn't show up when playing on the gopro.