Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Unable to find gopro hero 5 black via bluetooth

Hey @Anonymous the expected time of the battery in standard setting sis about 2 hours. If you were downloading videos and doing other things on the camera then the battery you're seeing is not much different than what is expected. You won't see any change or it say that it's going from Wi-Fi to BLE. That switch from Wi-Fi to BLE is something that happens in the background and when I say it will only take a few percentage points I mean with the the camera itself turned off. 

To be clear, it's actually having the camera turned on that is wearing down the battery here, not the wireless function. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm having the same issue as above
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same problem. Wifi connection works but when I go to bluetooth, as the capture app tels me, I don't see the camera. Back again to the capture app I cannot continue, because app keeps on saying "go to seetings".

It woked on mu Iphone but on my I pad I cannot get it working.

Who has the real

@Anonymous wrote:

Please help. This is my first GoPro camera. In the capture app I am able to connect my GoPro hero 5 using wifi but when I press continue in the Capture App it says to make sure that Bluetooth is switched on. I'm using an iPad on iOS 9 and the Bluetooth is on. I am not allowed passed this point so I can't add my camera to he app.  Has anyone got this working using a GoPro Hero 5 black. The process for adding other cameras seems different on other models of the camera so please only respond if you have got this working on a GoPro hero 5 black camera. Many thanks. 

solution?

Highlighted
Tourist

This not about "unable to find gopro 5 session in Bluetooth" but I ma unable to connect to gopro or to "pair" with gopro. Well in fact it works on and off. Few days ago I was at Santorini (Greece) I was not able to connect with Gopro to remote control it. From Wifi it sees the device, but when try to pair with it. it does shiow the screen of the Gopro, I can see anything that Gopro point to., but I can not exit from that. If I try to exit from that screen it disconnect, and from my Iphone it said there is no Gopro.

Engineers from Gopro should fix this problem, otherwise you will loose customers.

I can record from the Gopro itself, but once I use the iphone (version 10...) to control or to format or watch clips of video, then problem arise, even with my Gopro Smart Remote (it works on and off). It is very annoying.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same problem with with iPhone and iPad. No problem to pair with the wifi. In the Capture app I can see the image coming from the GoPro 5, but none of the control works. Yesterday for a few minutes did the iPad see the BlueTooth signal coming for the GoPro then the controls on the Capture app were functional.

Highlighted
Hiker

Jefft while I can connect and I understand the role of Bluetooth here, my Hero5 Session never appears in my Android's Bluetooth device list. Are you sure it is supposed to as you mentioned above?
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The connection to the bluetooth is not a direct connection like you would see if you were connecting a speaker or other device. The primary connection is through the wifi channels, and after that is established, the app will connect to bluetooth on its own if you opt in to do that.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hey @jefft! Maybe you could help me?

I have a Hero 6 (latest firmware and no SD card). I use it to give me a HDMI feed that I then send to youtube (I am planning to install it in a weatherproof box and put it on a beautiful beach in Thailand). Demo stream is here.

Every N (random) hours the camera turns itself off. I suspect it's a firmware bug, but couldn't get a hold of anyone in GoPro who could help me. I also measured the temperature, but it never goes above 40C.

I can turn the gopro back on through the android app remotely. However, it uses bluetooth to signal the camera. And that's where my problem is. I want to get a Raspberry PI to automatically turn on the GoPro once it turns off. However, I can't figure out the protocol behind bluetooth signalling.

Perhaps you guys could suggest something?

Otherwise, I'll have to rip my Hero 6 apart and hack the power button.