Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Unable to find gopro hero 5 black via bluetooth

Hi Matt: Remember that the Hero 5 is only using Bluetooth as a device handshake in case WiFi connection drops. It does not use Bluetooth for file transfers. On my iPad, once the Bluetooth setting saw the camera, I just exited Settings and went to Quik where it showed both WiFi and Bluetooth connected. If yours isn't working, try another IOS device to rule out it being a GoPro issue.

Highlighted
Hiker

Nevermind. You are not reading the issue. You say "once the Bluetooth setting saw the camera"... We are saying THAT DOESN'T WORK.

Our iPads never show the camera on bluetooth even though other computers do, so we're screwed and can't use the camera.

Highlighted
Hiker

...and "another iOS device" isn't an option. Prior to my purchase of this stupid camera I missed that an iPhone was required. That should be a HUGE label on the box.

@matthewmcd wrote:

Nevermind. You are not reading the issue. You say "once the Bluetooth setting saw the camera"... We are saying THAT DOESN'T WORK.

Our iPads never show the camera on bluetooth even though other computers do, so we're screwed and can't use the camera.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm having the same problem did anyone find a solution yet? I cannpt get through the setup because it doesn't see bluetooth from the app on my Ipad.

Highlighted
GoPro

What model of iPad do you have and what iOS is it running? I believe the iPad 2 doesn't operate iOS 9 completely and may have compatibility issues with the App. Perhaps there is a problem, though normally one doesn't need to search for the device in the bluetooth settings; that's all just done automatically. 

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the exact same problem on my IPad 2 it finds the wifi easy but can't find the GoPro Bluetooth! Although my GoPro will connect easily with everything fine on the same app on my friends IPad 3. It's a real inconvenience!!!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi folks, 

I do apologize for the inconvenience, and it would appear in this case that the issue is stemming from an incompatibility with the iPad 2. I investigated this a bit further and it sounds like iOS 8 and 9 caused a number of problems with use of the iPad 2. From what I've heard on our end, the iPad 2 doesn't operate iOS 9 in a sufficient way to be able to use the Capture App. 

Once again, I do regret the difficulty encountered as a result of this, and I hope that you will be able to control your camera using a different device.