Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Unable to find gopro hero 5 black via bluetooth

@Anonymous, 

In some cases I see that it says "Make sure Bluetooth is on" or "Turn Bluetooth on," and then right below that there's normally a button I can select to allow the camera to use the Bluetooth. Is that button not there? 

Another thing that you can try is going to your phone's Bluetooth menu and finding the GoPro signal there. In that menu, choose to FORGET the GoPro device. On an iPad you would click the blue letter i on the right side of the Bluetooth signal name. After forgetting the Bluetooth, try pairing up once more. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Don't worry about whether there is a button or not. Just be sure you have bluetooth on. In other words, don't think of BT as another form of file transfer like wifi, USB, or NFC. H5B is only using BT as a low power way to stay connected to a mobile device after wifi is disconnected.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having the same problem as @declanm817.  I can connect to the Hero5 wifi but not to the Bluetooth.  The app just gives gives me a "pairing failed" indication and a "try again" button.  The GoPro doesn't show up on my list of bluetooth devices under my phone's "settings" menu.  The app won't let me run a wifi-only connection, I can't progress past the bluetooth "try again" screen. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I am in the same boat. I have the capture app on an iPad and I can connect with WiFi but the Hero5 Session does not appear in the Bluetooth list. The App does not let me go any futher. So I cannot connect my camera...so...what now? 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi everyone, 

You don't need to PAIR to Bluetooth except for if the App asks you to do so, in which case you just accept to do so from within Capture itself. If you happen to be having trouble, however, you can go into your Bluetooth settings on your iOS device and click on the blue "i" icon, and then select Forget this Device. Then, don't try to pair to the Bluetooth again; just put the camera in pairing mode, go to the App to ADD NEW, and pair in your iOS device's Wi-Fi settings. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Have you tried this does the app know? On my iPad you cannot go past the connection screen without it. This is a new camera and the app was just installed. You only see the button to go to Network connection and nothing else.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @matthewmcd

I don't quite understand your question. Does the App know, you asked? You will want to go to the Network Connections, yes, and choose to connect to your camera there. Then, when you return to the App you should be able to control your camera. 

Highlighted
Hiker

The iPad app cannot go past the bluetooth connection page. You are stuck there with the "Connection Settings" button and cannot go forward. That's what I mean by "Does the app know" that it doesn't need Bluetooth, because it appears to be mandatory.