Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Unable to find gopro hero 5 black via bluetooth

The whole IPad 2 / Bluetooth incompatibility thing has been a big disappointment to what would have been a great product and app. I'm only able to use my GoPro Hero 5 to a fraction of its potential. :-(

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi mattb,

I have the same problem my iphone 5c can connect to Gopro5 session using wifi, but not on bluetooth. My question is in case I am at a place where there is no wifi, how can I connect to Gopro5 session using bluetooth?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @bagiai334

I think you may be having a different issue here. To be clear, the camera creates its own Wi-Fi network so you don't need to be in a place that has Wi-Fi to use any of the cameras with the App (though you do need Wi-Fi or a data connection to do the initial login the first time you use the app). 

If the iPhone 5C is running at least iOS 9 then it should work with Capture. Can you explain further what you mean that it won't connect to Bluetooth? You can try going to Bluetooth in the phone menu and forgetting the Bluetooth device "GoPro ####". You can also forget the Wi-Fi network and reset the wireless connections in the HERO5 Session to see if that helps. Then you should be able to pair up. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Mattb for your help. Yes, like you said the Gopro5 Session does emitted its own Wifi even when I am not near any Wifi connection (i.e. on the street, in my car I can use my iPhone 5C to connect to the Gopro5 Session easily).

I really like this feature. Gopro should explain clearly on its manual so other user will not be wondering like mine.

Thank you.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Sweet! Good to hear it's working for you! Yes the Wi-Fi portion can be slightly confusing since normally device-to-device pairing is done all via Bluetooth. All GoPro cameras currently sold by us produce their own Wi-Fi network. 

Highlighted
Tourist

This next one is kind of out of topic! I wish Gopro would give us a firmware update to turn off totally the LED light when start to record or off. I would like it totally INCOGNITO. Is this possible? Thanks Mattb

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@bagiai334 - You can turn off the LEDs if you'd like. On the HERO5 Black, go into Preferences and look for the LED settings. The LEDs can be all on, all off, or front off only.

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

I did. It did turn off, but not totally. When I turn on it still light the front LED once, though after that when start recording the LED does not light anymore, but it does turn on when turn the Gopro on, which is still not what I want. I want it totally UNOTICE, do you know what I mean?