Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Unable to find gopro hero 5 black via bluetooth

The Capture app has me log in nearly every time I open it. Sometimes twice a day.

Highlighted
Explorer

That's strange that you have to log on so frequently.  It must be a setting on your phone.  I logged onto Capture a few months ago and haven't been required to log on again.  I use capture pretty frequently, with and without a data conection, on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and LG v10.  I use the app with my Hero Session, Hero5 Session, Hero4 Silver, Hero3+ Black and my Hero5 Black. No issues.

Highlighted
Hiker

I am using it on an iPhone. No special setting. Just the joy that is this crappy app. The need to log in has cost me using the app in remote locations when I don't have an internet connection. Not Stoked.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I am in total agreement here with customer complaints.   GoPro you need to sort this out before there is a big backlash.   GoPro is the premium actioncam and caries a premium price tag.   You can't expect your customers to go and buy a new iPad which sell for in excess of $700 in Ausralia.   Notwithstanding this the chepest iPad on the market is the iPad Mini 2.   Imagine buying one of those suckers for $500 and finding out it is not compatable with your new GoPro.  Wake up GoPro, it's time to stop condelesing and do soming about it. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hey folks, 

If you are still needing to log in when in remote locations, make sure you've updated the App. There is an option to temporarily bypass the login when out of range. You can test this by turning airplane mode on. 

As for the compatibility issue with the iPad 2, this is not isolated to the iPad 2. There is also limited compatibility for iPhone 4 and older, though I understand people update their phones more frequently than their tablets. While we strive for compatibility across the board, this isn't always possible, especially for products that are relatively old. You'll note that the iPad 2 can't be updated to iOS 10, and to my understanding it does not run iOS 9 in a complete manner which may have some to do with the lack of compatibility. All other iOS devices running iOS 9 and up should be supported. 

Please note that this applies only to the iPad 2. iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 2 should not be affected. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Is there another app that is compatible with iPad 2 ? 

Why can't capture be tweaked to work with ipad2?

why did I have to trawl the net to eventually find out my present won't work with my iPad? If I'd known would have bought a different brand

Highlighted
Anonymous

How did you get the Go Pro Hero 5 Black to connect to your Ipad 3? Mine won't show it under bluetooth.

Highlighted
Nomad

Stupid question: why do you guys connect via Bluetooth instead of Wifi?