Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Unable to connect HTC U11 to HERO7 Black via WiFi-5GHz

[ New ]

Hello everyone, 

I tried all the suggestions I've found here but no luck at all when trying to connect my GoPro to the phone. Reading the forum I understand there is some issue with many phones but I wanted to ask if there is anyone here with a HTC U11 having the same issue.

2.4GHz works fine, but it's a bit slow during the file transfer as you know.

Can somebody help me please?

Nomad

Re: Unable to connect HTC U11 to HERO7 Black via WiFi-5GHz

[ New ]

It will depend on your region, not all phones are authorized to use 5GHZ for WiFi transfer in some countries.  This is a phone manufacture licensing, country and carrier restriction.

For instance I can use 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ in the USA no problem, if I go to Ireland though, I'm restricted to 2.4GHZ for WiFi transfer.

Tourist

Re: Unable to connect HTC U11 to HERO7 Black via WiFi-5GHz

[ New ]

Hi,

thanks a lot for replying.

I noticed you mentioned "file transfer". Probably this issue is strictly related to this, but I can use 5GHz WiFi for sure here in Italy with my phone, but I'm talking about a generic Internet connection.

I don't understand what is the difference between connecting via 5GHz WiFi to my DSL modem/router/AP and to my Hero7. Basically it's not a matter of trasferring files, but just a connection issue.