Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Unable to cancel Exposure Control

According to manual, to cancel exposure control you follow these steps:

1. Press the touch display until a square outline shrinks to the middle of the screen.

2. Tap [x] in the lower left corner.

How ever on my Hero 5 Black tapping the lower left corner just moves the Exposure Rectangle to that region.  It does not register my tap on the Cancel [x] icon.

Any ideas how to solve?

Simon.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Unable to cancel Exposure Control

Hi @simonp7577

Thank you for trying to isolate the issue.

Try resetting the camera to its factory settings. Preferences > Factory Reset > Reset

If it's still the same, try re-flashing the software.

Please proceed with "Update your camera manually" through https://gopro.com/update/hero5

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

As a follow up to my earlier post, it seems the very left edge of my screen is not very responsive, as even getting to the media playback screen is sometimes troublesome as you need to swipe from the left edge.

When turning the camera upside down, the cancel button in the Exposure Control mode works fine, so it is definitely an issue with the touch sensors down the left edge of my screen :-(

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @simonp7577

Thank you for trying to isolate the issue.

Try resetting the camera to its factory settings. Preferences > Factory Reset > Reset

If it's still the same, try re-flashing the software.

Please proceed with "Update your camera manually" through https://gopro.com/update/hero5

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej