Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Unable to achieve shutter speeds in auto higher than 10 seconds. Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

When using night photo or night lapse and the shutter set to auto,it will not push the shutter to longer than 10 seconds even though I have it set to maximum 39 seconds in setup. I have tried it in pitch black conditions with the iso locked at 100. Anyone else seeing this?

Backpacker

Re: Unable to achieve shutter speeds in auto higher than 10 seconds. Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

@jimmiem266 wrote:

When using night photo or night lapse and the shutter set to auto,it will not push the shutter to longer than 10 seconds even though I have it set to maximum 39 seconds in setup. I have tried it in pitch black conditions with the iso locked at 100. Anyone else seeing this?

you lost me here....

can you explain more exactly the problem?

shutter does not have a "max."... you can only set a value

39sec I think it is 30sec

if is set in photo mode shutter 30s, is 30sec

if timelapse the shutter and the Interval are related, but camera tell you exactly what can in the given situations

e.g.

- shutter auto ---> the lowest manual Interval is 4s

- shutter 10s  ---> the lowest manual Interval is 15s

- shutter 30s  ---> the lowest manual Interval is 60s

Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 12.15.45.png

Tourist

Re: Unable to achieve shutter speeds in auto higher than 10 seconds. Hero 9 Black

[ New ]

I am using it for night lapse. Since I locked the iso at 100 the camerra should vary the shutter speed to a max of 30 seconds to adjust exposure. The images are underexposed because the shutter speed is only going to 15 seconds. It is set to auto. Can't figure out why it won't adjust the shutter past 15 sec. to let more light in. Thank for the reply.