Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Unable to access GoPro Max files through USB with Windows 10 1809

Do you have this issue when directly connecting the camera to the PC? 

what if you 1st take the SD card out of the camera and insert the SD card into your PC? does this work for you?

for me I prefer to always take out the SD card from my camera, and I have no problem with the PC (windows 10 platform).

Then I always fully copy the files from the SD card to a empty folder on my Desktop, before I start with the editing, reframing etc.

So far this workflow run's without any issue

Highlighted
Hiker

I use WIN10 on my laptop and I can't see my Max camera in list of devices in my laptop when it's connected to my laptop via the USB A connection, however, I can see the Max in list of devices when connected with a USB C - USB C cable. (I use the same cable to connect my Max to Laptop as the one that I use to charge my iPad Pro 11).

One odd issue is that when backing up file to the GoPro cloud in gopro + I cannot drag and drop directly from my Max to my laptop via Add Media in GoPro.com>account>>my media>add media (error message about browser). I must first drag and drop the files from my Max to my laptop (I drop onto Desktop) and then drag to Add Media. 

Highlighted
Nomad

I just connected my GoPro Max directly by cable to my Windows PC. 

1. Plug the cable into the camera

2. Turn on te camera

3. Plug the USB into the PC

after this it showed on the monitor that the GoPro Max is connected without any problem.

I am using Windows 10 version 1903

Highlighted
Sightseer

Bravo! Your instruction is so helpful.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Yaribz,

I can not thank you enough!!!!!!! I had been trying to get my MAX to connect to my Win 10 PC for a few days with absolutly no success. It was not until I took your suggestion and installed Oracle Virtual Box that it now sees the MAX!!!! Now lets see if I can get the files off the actual device;)