Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Unable to Read White Balance (GP Hero 10)

[ New ]

So, I use a raw editor called Darktable (it's basically free Lightroom with features removed), but when I load a .gpr raw file, it gives me an error message saying "unable to read camera white balance". And the image is completely pink. Has anyone else experienced this/found a solution? I would like to photograph my family and dog.

Thanks much,

SquishDaFish94

ohgod.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Unable to Read White Balance (GP Hero 10)

[ New ]

Hi @squishdafish94

Do you observe the same when using other applications?

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @squishdafish94

Do you observe the same when using other applications?

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

It took me a while, but I got my dad's copy of Lightroom running on my PC, and the image is fine. I hadn't even thought that it could be the program's fault.

Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for posting back with an update, @squishdafish94. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Nomad

[ New ]

On Windows/Mac you can use Adobe DNG Convertor to rewrite the image into a version Darktable can process.  It still complains about the white balance but the magenta cast is gone.

Not sure about getting it to work under Wine though

Nomad

[ New ]

Couldn't get the current version of Adobe DNG Convertor running in Wine but following these instructions https://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/How_to_convert_raw_formats_to_DNG#Installing_Adobe_DNG_Converter_in... I got version 12.2.1 running.