Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Unable to Connect to Camera with new iOS Update 6.14

[ New ]

Since the new iOS update to version 6.14, I can not connect or control my Hero 5 Session camera. It will connect to wifi, I can see the connection in my phone settings and the wifi icon is showing on the camera. I get a prompt to join the camera's network, but the app continues to display "We had trouble connecting to your gopro".

However, the app display says it's connected to the camera on the Cameras home screen, but will not control the camera or download any media.

Is there a way to roll back an iOS update? This new version has killed the Session 5 control. My camera is running v2.51 software.

Accepted Solutions
Sightseer

Re: Unable to Connect to Camera with new iOS Update 6.14

[ New ]

Ok, I found a solution after a lot of searching. I deleted the existing camera from the app, and reset the connection settings in the Session 5. Then went through the process of pairing the Hero 5 Session as a new camera and once completed, the issue is solved.

Hope this helps anyone else who runs into this problem.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]

Ok, I found a solution after a lot of searching. I deleted the existing camera from the app, and reset the connection settings in the Session 5. Then went through the process of pairing the Hero 5 Session as a new camera and once completed, the issue is solved.

Hope this helps anyone else who runs into this problem.

GoPro

[ New ]

This is great, @hawkeyemedia. Thank you for sharing. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thank you very much;) indeed it worked