Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

USB connection MTP or GOPRO no one connect with GOPRO 8 on macbook 10.15.6

[ New ]

I have tried to connect MacBook Pro OS 10.15.6 over MTP or GOPRO even multiple laptops with no success, any solution?

I have tried Photos, Quick, Android file transfer, Image capture possible always but I am worried.

I expect official support.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Betreff: USB connection MTP or GOPRO no one connect with GOPRO 8 on macbook 10.15.6

[ New ]

Hello, @uweber62. There is no need for the Wi-Fi connection settings on the camera to be disabled for it to be detected by your computer. You only need to have the MTP option set up. Bluetooth connectivity allows pairing between the camera and the app however, Wi-Fi connection is necessary to transfer or import data (media) from the camera to the app. Learn more about this through What is Bluetooth Connectivity? How Does it Differ From Wi-Fi?

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: USB connection MTP or GOPRO no one connect with GOPRO 8 on macbook 10.15.6

[ New ]

Hello @iakash. Please go to the HERO8 Black camera's Preferences then select "Connection" and tap on "USB Connection". If it is currently set as "GoPro Connect", try changing this to "MTP" and you will be able to access your GoPro from your computer again. Let us know how it goes.

Sightseer

[ New ]

@aenriquezI have tried both but failed

Adventurer

[ New ]

Device manager when camera on uninstall the device and it should connect the next time. win OS

Sightseer

[ New ]

@fishycomicsThanks but unfortunately I don't have any winOS, I have right now 9 computers all of them are MAC.

GoPro

[ New ]

@iakash, sorry to hear about the trouble. Run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help: 

Additionally, if using macOS Catalina, you can try the suggestions in this thread to see if they'll work for you: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-not-compatible-with-macOS-Catalina/m-p/50... 

And make sure that your Mac system allows access to removable devices. See this thread https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/GoPro-Quick-Mac-import-not-working-import-butt... for more details. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I presume that one is supposed to "go to the HERO8 Black camera's Preferences" via the iPhone app, since I can see no way (after long searching) to access anything called Preferences on the actual HERO8 screen. OK, fine, it's only my own time I'm wasting.

But if I do that, I don't see that option under "Connections" (not "Connection" btw). There is only one option there: "Use with Current Wi-Fi Remote". And if I click it, it tells me "Connecting to a Wi-Fi Remote will disconnect your camera from the Gopro App" Yes/No. There is no place to change from GoPro Connect to MTP.

(And if the hope is that I'll be able to do this while the camera is connected to my computer, you probably are aware that one cannot connect to the camera with the iPhone app when it is connected by USB to the computer.)

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @rkwroma. The option is found on the camera itself. Make sure that your HERO8 Black is on the latest firmware - v2.01. Once you turn the camera on, swipe down on the rear screen, go to Preferences, then Connections, then select USB Connection, then tap on MTP. 

Sightseer

Betreff: USB connection MTP or GOPRO no one connect with GOPRO 8 on macbook 10.15.6

[ New ]

So ein Blödsinn! Ich habe einen Tag gesucht, bis ich gefunden habe, dass man in den GoPro 9 Einstellungen die Drahtlosverbindung auf aus setzen soll und MTP Verbindung auswählen soll um Verbindung mit einem Windows 10 PC zu bekommen. So was habe ich an noch keinem Gerät und keiner Kamera bisher erlebt!
Genau so wenig bekomme ich innerhalb des Haus WLAN eine Verbindung zu meinem iPhone zum Anzeigen der Bilder und Videos zustande, weil die App sich immer per WLAN mit der Kamera verbinden will! Wieso geht die Übertragung nicht mit der vorhandenen und funktionierenden Bluetooth Verbindung?
Ich habe noch nie so eine buggie Hard- und Software erlebt!

GoPro

Re: Betreff: USB connection MTP or GOPRO no one connect with GOPRO 8 on macbook 10.15.6

[ New ]

Hello, @uweber62. There is no need for the Wi-Fi connection settings on the camera to be disabled for it to be detected by your computer. You only need to have the MTP option set up. Bluetooth connectivity allows pairing between the camera and the app however, Wi-Fi connection is necessary to transfer or import data (media) from the camera to the app. Learn more about this through What is Bluetooth Connectivity? How Does it Differ From Wi-Fi?