Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: USB cable to the wall adapter and camera and return within 30 days for refund.

The SD card that GoPro send with the camera will work fine. For a list of all alternative cards that are known to work, you can check this list https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

As far as warranty goes, GoPro offers a 1 year warranty to fix or replace any camera that has manufacturer defects during this time. Some countries require a two year warranty, hence, "depending on where you live".

Additionally, you can sign up for GoPro Plus. For less than $5 a month you get cloud storage of your GoPro media, 20% off GoPro accessories, and are able to exchange your camera for any reason, including if you break it, up to two times a year.

@fishycomics
YOU may need a longer cable, but taking someone to buy one without knowing their needs is irresponsible. We already know how you incorrectly thought you had an issue when you were using the wrong cable. Why send someone else down the same rabbit hole unnecessarily. As I pointed out, getting the wrong cable (even if it's a USB-C) can lead to issues that, while they may appear to be, are not camera related.

I don't need to put my camera up on the windshield of the car with my 12vdc cigg plug or usb port, so this is irrelevant to me. When I do use my GoPro Suction mint on my windshield for extended periods, I use a power bank on the dash. Supplied GoPro USB-C works fine for me, thanks

You may not realize it, but you really come off as a negative grouch sometimes with all of your, "GoPro should", "GoPro should have", "GoPro needs to", and mischaracterization of this forum as you call out GoPro moderators for not replying more or giving out more information. You know that this is a member to member support community and that the primary job of moderators is to moderate tone and post for breaking listed rules. While they do try to help out when they can, that is not their primary function.
Adventurer

Re: USB cable to the wall adapter and camera and return within 30 days for refund.

One other point, GoPro didn't include a wall charger with the HERO2. The older cameras where sold as cameras for specific activities (surf, motorcross, music, and "naked"), which is why, depending on which you purchased, there were more accessories. However, if you purchased there wrong package (surf when you needed motorcross) you ended up with worthless mounts. The new packaging includes basic mounts, the frame, and a charging cable. It's all you need to get started. Computer USB is fine for charging and just about any phone wall charger works fine. As you're going to need either a computer or phone to edit and get the most from the camera, most people don't need yet another charger. Pointless and bad for the environment, not to mention added cost and shipping weight. Those unnecessary cost end up getting passed to the consumer.
Adventurer

@danielr15  Sorry @cjn5448  Sometimes I have to explain to @danielr15  in his way.  What i said was you are going to need to buy a  longer cable that gopro did not tell you..... and I'll explain why I said that. in a video so @danielr15  may not understand what I was  properly saying ???

No I am not punning or insulting  lol  stay tuned.  

wwait I think I said it already   to @danielr15   Because gopro  gave a short cable that won't reach a windshield of a car if your usb or cigg port is   not propelry situated in your   operating  car, boat, bike, etc...

The ykey word @danielr15 was Sales Team sold him.   and that they  do not need to tell tehm the truth of every single detail

so I am the man to say MyBAd if I were wrong  (WINK)  I'll still do a video.   showing what I was referring to if like but nah  I had my coffee said my peace and not upet just make sur you  colour my mistakes in next time.

1str post I made said it  

@cjn5448

Excellent Point The sales Rep sold you.

This is A Charger, you know that but this will not work, why? the rating is under 1.0A rated. 500 will simply  not allow the camera to charge over time, the Minimum requirements are 1.0Amp. you may use any  charger rated higher than 1.0.  What if I want to use a 3.0A  Use it. they sellfor how much, and gopro could have included in them but Gopro has not included chargers since the Hero 2   .  

What you will need todo is purchase a USB type C cable longer tehn the 1 foot supplied Gopro did not tell you that either.

So my advice if in the USA head to bestbuy, walmart, CVS if those are your shopping stores and pick up a cell charger of your liking and a usb type C cable that is 1 meter long.  Yes been ther and done that,

Happy Holidays  to purchase early is on you. to purchase late is on you. and GoPro  will do good only if you are within their Rules. Untitled.png

2nd post

Adventurer

Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg

Adventurer

its called research before you get sold  and where that can be found is at gopro.com product manuals.    alot we can say after the fact.

FISH

Adventurer

https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero7-black/manuals/HERO7Black_UM_ENG_REVB.pdf

Sucks when the stuff we talked about not correctly noted in the product manual  so yeah mybad

Hiker

I don't know if you have made any decisions yet but instead of buying a wall charger, why don't you just buy a multi battery charger like this one (I imagine you have more than one battery)  https://www.amazon.com/Batteries-3-Channel-AHDBT-501-Compatible-Original/dp/B078NG927T/ref=sr_1_5_a_... .  If you have the GoPro Smart Remote there is this unit which will charge the Smart Remote and two batteries at the same time (I have it and it works great) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS71F4L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .