Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

USB cable to the wall adapter and camera and return within 30 days for refund.

So you order a Hero07 Black and before you place the order on line, you call and ask what exactly is in the box.  I directly asked about a Wall adapter for the USB cable and if that was included, I was told YES,  Suprise no its not.  So now looking for a Wall adapter on the site for the camera, Where are they, do you not sell them?  Right now I am reading the reviews and it appears people are having lots of problems getting the camera battery charged.  What is going on?  I want to have it ready and charged and working for the person who shall be recieving this as a gift, but if items are not there then why tell someone they are included?   Question, can you use a Phone adapter USB cable plug to charge the unit?  Another question if not how do you get one and where is it, I went under Accessories and nothing, but yet I was told it came with one, It does have the USB cord that goes into your computer,  but nothing else, what is the person does not have a computer only a cell phone, how do you then charge it? No adapters to fit phones either.  Little disappointed about that as well If you order the Black07 and it is a gift for Christmas, did you realize that you only have 30 days to return for a refund.  Really? so if you get it at the begining of Dec and it is given to the person on Christmas day and they try to make sure it works and then it doesnt, according to all the new posts about problems, Guess what the warrant for refund is up before they can see if the camera acutally works.  Great so What is the next step, Please Advise

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: USB cable to the wall adapter and camera and return within 30 days for refund.

Oh, and don't buy a new cable. The supplied cable is fine.

View solution in original post

Adventurer

Re: USB cable to the wall adapter and camera and return within 30 days for refund.

The cable provided with the camera is high quality and the correct type of USB-C. Going out and buying longer cables when you don't need to is foolish and if it's the not the right type of USB-C or too long to adequatly work, it can make it appear that there is something wrong with the camera when in fact it's the cable.

https://youtu.be/QmgpcG_1cuI

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @cjn5448,

Only cable is included and you can use your phone adapter.

You can purchase any adapter available as long as it is a standard charger. 

You can also use a computer to charge it. 

If in case you want to return it. You can still return it as long as it's within the 30 days timeframe. 

Regards,

-Jay 

GoPro

Hi @cjn5448,

I am sorry to hear about the misinformation. For the wall adapter, the USB-cable that comes in the package can be connected to any regular wall-adapter for mobile phone. As long as it outputs 5V and 1A-2A . Please be guided by the article in this link: https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/Recommended-Chargers

If you are interested in getting an charger adapter for your GoPro; we have one in the website: https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/supercharger/AWALC-002.html

I hope these help.

V.
Hiker

Thank you for the reply, it is upsetting when a person calls while online to order, and then  when you get your shipment, you see you need to spend another $40.00 to $50.00 for something that I was told was included.  I went back and looked everywhere to see where you list what comes with your camera and I could not find anything to see what was included, that is why I called and asked specially,  Now if I need to charge the batteries with a Wall adapter, I have to go order one, which, if I was told properly it would have been ordered at the time not get the order and suprise, not there.  

Perhaps you can direct me to a site or where it says what phones wall adapter is compatible with the unit as not all wall adapter's state what they are such as  5V and 1A-2A.  I have Samsung phones  S8+ and a Note 4 and a tablet and two other phones the Galaxy J3V J320  and a new I-phone  and none of the adapters just state 5V and 1A-2A most of them say output 5V 2.OA  or 9V-1.67A so that means they will not work or the one that says 5V 2.OA will it work?  I am not trying to be mean  but when someone states that is included, then I feel that it should have been.  I already had nothing but problems when I ordered my Black7 as I got the run-around, I hope that I do not get the run-around again,  So please Advise if you have the answer about the wall phone adapter that I listed above if that is ok to use (5V 2.OA) or a link or site that lists what phone has the right output wall adapter would be helpful.  Thank you. 

Adventurer

Any of your phone wall chargers will work fine.
Adventurer

@cjn5448

Excellent Point The sales Rep sold you.

This is A Charger, you know that but this will not work, why? the rating is under 1.0A rated. 500 will simply  not allow the camera to charge over time, the Minimum requirements are 1.0Amp. you may use any  charger rated higher than 1.0.  What if I want to use a 3.0A  Use it. they sellfor how much, and gopro could have included in them but Gopro has not included chargers since the Hero 2   .  

What you will need todo is purchase a USB type C cable longer tehn the 1 foot supplied Gopro did not tell you that either.

So my advice if in the USA head to bestbuy, walmart, CVS if those are your shopping stores and pick up a cell charger of your liking and a usb type C cable that is 1 meter long.  Yes been ther and done that,

Happy Holidays  to purchase early is on you. to purchase late is on you. and GoPro  will do good only if you are within their Rules. Untitled.png

Hiker

Thanks Fishycomics As it is hard to buy a gift then find out what you were told on the phone is totally different then what is sent. And I understand about the 30 day return, but since this is a gift, I just checked the box to make sure it was all there before I wrapped it, and that is when I found the problems, the other problem is once it is given on the 25th of Dec. The person will only have a few days to use it to make sure it works and if it needs to be returned then that really will create a head ache as after reading other posts most say the first two or three times is fine then they start having issues with charging or the screen does not come one, so I am in a catch 22 But fingers crossed that no problems will occur as I have had many family members buy gopro and no issues just seems like maybe things are changing and the good ole customer one on one is out dated and help and answers are hard to get, but I was happy to see a response as fast as I did.
Adventurer

Depending on where you live, you either have a one year warranty or a two year warranty. If there is an issue that can't be resolved with changing the SD card or manually updating the firmware, GoPro will exchange the camera. GoPro has literally sold millions of cameras with the HERO7 Black being the fastest selling in the highest volume of all GoPro cameras. When put into perspective, there are very few complaints/issues reported and most come down to 1) using a bad card 2) needing to cycle the battery a few times 3) needing to update firmware 4) using the wrong cables or simply 5) user error.