Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

USB Not working, Camera Freezing

I have the hero 5 Black, and out of the box this thing has been a nightmare. I have had it for a good few month, and honestly have not used it all that much, mainly because its not reliable. My first issues with this was its endless freezing, having to do hard reset. That seamed to get fixed with firemare updates, I have the most recent one, but it will still freeze up ocasionally.

Now my current issues, which happend before as well, it won't ever get reconized by any comptuers. When you plug it into a new computer, or one its never been used on before. At start up, it will reconize the camera, and allow me to control, dump and do what it should. During the dump, it will crash, some error message appears and that will be the end of it. From there it will never show up in USB ever again. So I have no way to dump my files, and I am on a desktop not laptop so I don't have a ad card reader slot. NOR should I have to buy a SD adapter just so I can dump my files. I concatect support they are sending me a new USB cable, in case the one it came with is not working. But it charges fine, and a PC will read it once connected for the first time, so I think this is more on the camera.

I have read tons have had this same on going issue, some say with firmware update it will work, I did that but to no avail. When I spoke with customer service, I asked to be transfered to advanced support. No offense but your phone support team has NO CLUE what they are doing. They just get the issue, look in a manual of responses to say. That is just wrong and no help to anyone, why have a support line, when the support need support? So I have no way to talk to any advanced support people, who actually have a clue about this faulty product that is being sold.

Anyway rant off, I am very taken back by how faulty/buggy this camera is, and even more with the major lack of supprot.

So who out there has this issues, and how did you fix it?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: USB Not working, Camera Freezing

I'd recommend contacting our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus to see if we can troubleshoot what's going on here.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

Also side note, no clue why I am nammed hardygeorge I never made that. Unless everyone is given a random name? But how do I change the display name?

GoPro Community Manager

I'd recommend contacting our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus to see if we can troubleshoot what's going on here.

Thanks,

Jeff