Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

USB CONNECTION TO MY LAPTOP

Been using my hero 7 for a few month now, no problems, tried to connect today to view videos in gopro quik, but no connection, 

usb is displayed on the screen of the gopro

formatted the sd card inside

checked with another laptop - no joy

any suggestions please

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: USB CONNECTION TO MY LAPTOP

Look  in the about my camera anything misiing? that was my issue that stopped the usb connection, let us know before the next step given.

Highlighted
Explorer

Fish is recommending that you go into the camera preferences and then scroll down and select the About My Camera. It should display the camera firmware version and serial number. In his case, this information was not displayed and the camera wouldn't connect through USB to his computer.

More likely, the drivers on your computer need to be updated. If you have Windows, they force push updates and this sometimes messes up the connection drivers (especially for MTP connections). Look up "mtp not working windows 10" and you will get plenty of suggestions and tips on this. Try this first https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/after-installing-a-driver-upda...
Highlighted
Explorer

Also, just a quick note. If you have USB 3.0 or 3.1 on your device, it's going to be much more efficient and faster if you use a USB adapter and just insert the microSD directly into your computer.
Highlighted
Explorer

Also, if possible, try a different USB-C cable and also try different USB ports on your computer.
Highlighted
Adventurer

thanks for letting them know. that took out hte usb connectivity all togetehr and lead to a gopro fault 

Highlighted
Adventurer

See if I can help on this