Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

USB-C port having issues on the GoPro Hero 9

[ New ]

Hello. Is it just me or is the USB-C port on the GoPro 9 pretty low quality? When my USB cable moves to like... not even a milimeter, it disconnects the camera from my PC! Please help :(

Hiker

Re: USB-C port having issues on the GoPro Hero 9

[ New ]

UP!!!!!!!!!!

Hiker

[ New ]

Does GoPro even replies on these forums :/?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @xhatz. Were you using the GoPro USB cable that came with the camera? Does it only happen when connecting the camera to your computer? What about when charging the camera using the same GoPro cable?

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello! It's the same with any cable, and even for charging and such. When the cable moves, the GoPro just loses the connexion for a bit or entirely, depending on the angle... It's very bad because when I'm transfering a file to my computer, it can cancel the transfer randomly...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @xhatz

We'll have this shared with the team.

For a more stable connection or file transfer, try using an SD card adapter/reader instead.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having the same issue. 

Have checked it with multiple Gopro USB cables (I have more than on that came with the order) as wel as other (known to work prefect) USB cables.

The USB mount inside the Hero 9 is terrible for me. I have to move the thing around very carefully to even get a connection (even for charging) and then be suber careful when placing it down.

Thankfully I had the seperate charger which works frin and was able to use that for my trip (which I just got back from).

Have a feeling I'll need to return the Gopro for a replacement as its clearly a hardware issue.

GoPro

[ New ]

@dingo85, sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd like to gather a few more details about the issue you're experiencing. When you get a chance, please reach out to GoPro customer support at gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can assist you further.

Tourist

[ New ]

Having the same problem with my Hero 9, IDK how to fix it. I will tell you the details:
GoPro doesn't charge at all unless you hold the USB-C cable in place, or wiggle it around until it starts to charge. Yes, I am using the official GoPro cable, and tried to charge it in multiple areas. I can't even charge my GoPro properly, this sucks. Any way to fix this? Cause it is really bugging me...

Tourist

[ New ]
I hope a reply comes soon, I want to go on a road trip, but my gosh dang charging port won't work, it's obviously some sort of hardware issue...
Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here... :C

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bravehill6783

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @bravehill6783

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

@aragon1006 
Does the GoPro have to be purchased at GoPro, or can it be from somewhere else (ex: Best Buy)?

GoPro

[ New ]

Yes! @bravehill6783

Support will be able to help you with your GoPro camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok, Thanks! I'll make the call. :D