Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

UPS charging additional 30% duty despite info on GoPro site saying will not happen.

[ New ]

UPS have my ordered GoPro Hero9 on delivery to the UK. It appears they want to charge me £100 additional duty before delivery for a £300 camera. I've already paid VAT and the GoPro website states (as I type) no additional duty to be paid for the UK.

Already regretting this purchase and I haven't even seen the camera yet. 

I'm being 'robbed' after buying from what I thought would be a good brand to deal with.  What do I do next? 

Backpacker

Re: UPS charging additional 30% duty despite info on GoPro site saying will not happen.

[ New ]

I would contact UPS and show them your receipt that shows you have already paid VAT.  

Tourist

Re: UPS charging additional 30% duty despite info on GoPro site saying will not happen.

[ New ]
We ordered on the 30th December and got a UPS email last night saying it would be delivered today....also got an email from UPS asking for nearly £100 duty etc. This was ordered on the UK site!
Guess we are not the only ones getting this demand, tried to phone GoPro but can’t get through.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Cheers, will do

Sightseer

[ New ]
Seems they are busy, not a surprise I’m finding out.
Tourist

[ New ]

I got the same but it cant be VAT I ordered a Karma Grip at £99 and the duties total £80! not sure how they work that out?