Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Two features missing on the Hero6 which was on the Hero5

Two features missing on the Hero6 which was on the Hero5:

"SAVING A VIDEO FRAME AS A STILL PHOTO" in the playback menu."

"VIDEO + PHOTO -Video + Photo captures photos at set intervals while you record video. "

These options can only be found on the Hero5 which uses the great Ambarella SOC...

saving_a_video_frame_as_a_still_photo.png
Nomad

Re: Two features missing on the Hero6 which was on the Hero5

I really miss the VIDEO + PHOTO mode.

video_and_photo_mode.png
Nomad

I am going to show you how to take a screenshot off a video in playback mode on Hero5 Black and Hero6 Black cameras! ~Filmed by Mitch + Lori Bergsma ~Edited on Final Cut Pro X on Mac ~GoPro Tip Intro edit by Erik Lauritzen Check out his websites: http://bit.ly/2gQe8d4 & http://bit.ly/2gUO13L VIDEO
Hiker

You can grab a photo from a video in Quik.

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Vid + phot was removed on the Hero 5 Black if not mistaken and the answer from Gopro's team was  consumer did not want it. and sure enough they were not telling the truth. it is a excellent feature and one of the things I enjoy.  I  like it and happy my Hero 5 black has it. for me.

Nomad

In reality I think it's beacause of the new GP1 chip not implementing such a possibility in the hardware.
Nomad

Sure, I can grab a photo i any NLE after the fact.

But that is not the point here.

Adventurer

Agree with a better  chip and a newer model  it will down the road be worked back in to the camera. the  Feature they may call it is Dual recording.  I am sure it could have been left in but also maybe the Agent slipped  while she   was talking  with me . who knows?

Frameshots may be better when you're panning while  vid + Photo will blur with movement.