Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Turning on by itself sometimes freezes when stopping recording

[ New ]

Hello Everybody

I just got a gopro hero 7 black. somehow the camera keeps turning itself on. I charged it to 100% over night and today it was sitting next to my desk. I just wanted to use it and when i picked it up the camera was warm. When i turned it on the battery was down to 18%. This is not the first time this happened. Also sometimes when i tried to stop a recording, the camera froze. I read about similar problems here so i did the manuel firmware upgrade last night, hoping to have the problems fixed but since it happened again today it did not help. The gopro app only works when i set the wifi to 2.4ghz even though my phone supports 5ghz wifi. Another weird thing is that when i turn the camera off (hold power button for like 4 seconds ) and open the app it still shows "Camera found" showing that the camera is not fully turned off. 

This is really annoying since i can't rely on being able to use the camera later in the day when it randomly turns on and drains the battery 

Adventurer

Re: Turning on by itself sometimes freezes when stopping recording

[ New ]

sounds like waht you said you left wifi on.  please make sure you turn off wireless connections iti is not a auto off it needs to be manually turned down before you end hte use of the camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

i just turned off the wifi but it keeps turning on. here is a video of it turning on and off instead of just charging. 
https://gopro.com/v/pJyRBJJQJ31Ql

Tourist

[ New ]
Update on my GoPro. Now i can't get it to turn on. It's just dead
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @nimbleflam3124. The GoPro App would always detect the HERO7 Black camera even if it is powered off for as long as the Wi-Fi is on. 

Considering the current camera situation, does your GoPro still show the red LEDs when powered on or when connected to an external power source without the battery? 

Tourist

[ New ]

My GoPro does not show LED anymore. There is no sign of life. Not when plugged in or on battery. No LED and not turning on

Tourist

[ New ]

I took it back to the store and they replaced the camera