Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Turning off screen while shooting

This summer I will bring my Hero 6, mounted on my helmet, with me when I ride around Europe on my motorbike. This means I will be filming for extended periods without any opportunity to charge it. Furthermore, I will be camping at times, which means limited access to charging capabilities also. For this reason I'm wondering if there's any way of limiting/turning off the "live-picture", when filming (or all together, for that matter)? This would save a considerable amount of battery time.

Adventurer

Re: Turning off screen while shooting

1 minute the screen goes off. I suggest  going to gopro.com feedback at the bottom and submit a request to have it OFF    at 10 seconds..

Explorer

Like Fish mentioned, you can set the duration of the LCD screen on time in the preferences section of the camera. You can also lock the screen off with the lock icon.
Tourist

Ye, 1 minute is really too long, too tbh. 10 seconds would be more like it. I will make a request and cross my fingers! The best solution for me would be to be able to turn it off completely (like a locked screen that don't light up unless you "swipe" or what w/e).

Tourist

I'm guessing that when it comes to taking photos there's no way of setting duration, since the screen is supposed to act like the "viewfinder"? I really have no use for that either when riding, since I will just point my head towards whatever it is I want to take a photo of and snap, and hope it's a good one :)