Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Turned off gopro but still blinking blue light

I figured out how to turn off the blinking blue Wi-Fi light on my Gopro hero 4 session......

1.you know that tiny little retangular button on the lower back of the sqaure Hero 4? well,with that little button,you can scroll through all of the paremeters.It takes a few seconds to figure out how to set things,but fairly intuitive.

well keep scrolling thought option until you come across "turn wi-fi off"?...THIS IS IT!

you turn it off and the blinking stopps...wouldn't have killed them to make some of these things a little more intuitive...

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi there all GoPro users!

I just got my Hero 4 session and I noticed that I have a similar problem as well (blue light blinking when the camera is off). Although it would be good to have my app to wake up the camera without pressing the On/Off button, i think i want to preserve as much battery power as possible.

In order to completely off the camera, u will need to press the button behind the Hero 4 session and cycle till you see Remote App / Wifi something like that and disconnect from there. Then the camera will completely off.

Hope this info helps.

Highlighted
Anonymous

You can pull your battery out and put it back in. Will stay off when you put it back. This camera is a pain in my ass
Highlighted
Anonymous

This really helped!!!
I couldn't figure out why that blue light kept blinking!!
But all is good now :)
GoPro ROCKS!!!!
Jenny
Highlighted
Anonymous

The WiFi staying on when you shut off the camera is unfortunate. I had charged the camera fully and also set the BLINK LED to OFF and wound up losing a good chunk of my MTB race that I was recording because the battery had drained the previous day with WiFi staying on. I didn't realize the WiFi was on because when I turned off the BLINK LED for recording it also didn't blink blue to show WiFi was on. Bummer.

Highlighted
Anonymous

You have to shut off the WIFI on the camera, itherwise it is maintaining a connection waiting for app to activate camera.

Highlighted
Anonymous

my gopro is doing the same thing but it wint let me turn it on and ive tried charging it for 7 hoirs and nothing will happen i need help and answers plz

Highlighted
Anonymous

If it is the Hero 4 session, go to turn wifi off in the exit/settings menu