Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Turned off gopro but still blinking blue light

New goPro owner.... The blue LED is still blinking. Do I have to disconnect from the goPro app or cell phone or turn off Wifi before turning off the camera, for it to totally turn off?

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Turned off gopro but still blinking blue light

All Replies
Backpacker

[ Edited ]

Great to hear that you love your new GoPro. Ever user has new things they will need to learn, and that just how we all are. The Blue light on the GoPro is the WiFi to completely turn it off. This process can't be done with the app it keeps the Smart Remote feature on. To completely turn the WiFi off you have to go to setup and go to wireless setup and then off. The GoPro wifi doesnt automaticly turn off.

Hope this does come in a future update.

Hope that helps.

IMG_9928.jpg
Backpacker

IMG_9929.jpg
Anonymous

My session4 is doing this. Chews up all the battery. I thought they automatically powered off after a certain time of no use. I don't have the smart remote, just the app and the camera with the tiny screen.

How do you completely turn the camera off?

Can it be done without taking it out of the cradle to push the small button on the back? (NB: virtually impossible with gloves on to use that button, also danger of dropping camera into snow etc...)

Backpacker

Great Question @Anonymous.

A great friend of GoPro's in the GoPro family.

Made a great video, on the wifi settings, and things you need to know, and learn.

Hope it helps you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfFXTHbuzko

Hero4 Session videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzAm8fdjvx0ZI1LaQpYzSgbHnzvcBoyjV Filmed by Mitch Bergsma Edited on Final Cut Pro X on Mac Camer...
Highlighted
Anonymous

This power off feature that keeps the camera connected to WiFi is idiotic and the reason why whenever I try to use the camera, the battery is dead???  If I power off, that means I want it OFF, no wifi, nothing...POWER OFF PLEASE,

Anonymous

My GoPro is blinking blue and it won't turn on now. I had charging with a usb for 4 hours. What do I do?
Backpacker

Sorry hearing that @Anonymous.

Try resettiung the camera.

What's the issue?

The camera freezes up.

Where does it apply?

• HERO4
  • HERO3+
  • HERO3
  • HD HERO2
  • HD HERO Original
  • HERO
  • HERO+LCD

How to fix it

If your camera is freezing up, that usually means that you need to update the camera's software or there are some issues with the SD card. Here's some information on SD card recommendations.  Here are some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue for you: Before proceeding make sure that you have turned off Wi-Fi and removed any BacPacs.

NOTE: Before proceeding make sure that you have turned off Wi-Fi and removed any BacPacs (not applicable with the HERO, HERO+ LCD and/or HERO4 Session) 

1. If your camera is currently frozen, try to reset the camera by holding the MODE button for 10 seconds (hold the SHUTTER button on the HERO4 Session).
  2. Should the camera not prompt a reset, remove and then reinsert the battery to get it unstuck (for cameras with integrated batteries, Step 1 will imitate a battery pull).  
  3. Make sure you have the most current software on your camera. Click here for instructions on how to check the software on your camera. If you're not sure you have the most current software on your camera, we recommend redoing the software update. Check out these pages for all of the latest camera software updates: 
  4. If you have the most current camera software, you may need to re-update the camera software.
  5. Try reformatting the SD card using the DELETE ALL function in the camera settings. Here are instructions: 
  6. Determine whether removing the SD card from the camera alleviates the freezing (i.e., power the camera on without an SD card and see if the camera freezes while navigating the menus).
  7. Try a different, known good SD card. We recommend only purchasing name brand SD cards through reputable resellers. Check out our Recommended SD Card list.  There are both counterfeit and underperforming SD cards out in the marketplace, which can prevent proper functioning of your HD HERO camera's features.