Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Trouble with the Max Lens mod

[ New ]

I actually ended up using @scuc suggedstion of bike oil on a q-tip on the two small metal layers that @leon61 removed in his post.

I still had to apply some force, but no where close to what I was previously applying.

Thanks both

Hiker

[ New ]

I've just received my Max Lens Mod and it is not fitting easily & smoothly like others, that I have seen on YouTube.

It makes a scratching/scraping noise on turning it and it gets stuck before it is fully on! So, is this a common problem, or maybe a manufacturing batch problem?

Hiker

[ New ]

These pics show the exact same problem as what I am having!

GoPro

[ New ]

@pops1964, we want to look at what happened to see how we can help. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]

Never got mine to work.  Sent in to GoPro and they sent me a new camera and lens.  It was really tight but went on on the second try.  Works well now.  Getting the service order was really challening and they took almost 3 weeks to get me a replacement. Big pain in the butt to say the least.  Good luck.

Hiker

[ New ]

I have sent my contact details as requested.

The picture shows the silver debris and also the condition of the 'O' ring/seal.

Thanks for your quick reply

IMG_0289.JPG
Hiker

[ New ]

2nd Pic

IMG_0288.JPG
Hiker

[ New ]

Max Lens Mod Picture, showing paint or metal flecks. Obviously this will affect my videos & pics if they go on the lens and i'm also concerned that it may affect the camera's seal?

IMG_0290.JPG