Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Tourist

Re: Trouble with the Max Lens mod

[ New ]
Well yep. Facing the same issues, haha how unfortunate.
image.jpg
Sightseer

[ New ]
Put the case on it and then use like a dish towel to help get a better grip and try twisting it on. Using the case helps protect the lens.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Yes! Same problem. I watched an instructional video and I feel like I'm going to break it if I keep trying...
Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi i have watched several videos and I think my lens threading is faulty. This will NOT fit my GoPro. How do I exchange? Thank you!
image.jpg
Sightseer

[ New ]

Try the fix I posted on the previous page. I used a dish towel along with the Lens Mod case to get enough leverage to twist it on. Then I kept twisting it off over and over again until I no longer need the towel. It will loosen up after 5-10 times of doing this. Then blow off any metal shavings that came off. I had a little bit of metal shavings.

Tourist
Tourist

[ New ]
You’re right, after 10-20 tries and few metal shavings later it will fit.
For mine, gave up trying awhile and when I got back to try again the magic happened.

Or perhaps I’m just weak. Hahaha. Cheers mates enjoy your max lens.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Lol you are not weak. It was a PITA to get on. It It felt like it was going to break which proves how durable the GoPro's really are haha. Enjoy yours as well.

Sightseer

[ New ]

i JUST GOT THE MOD AND HAD THE SAME ISSUES, BAD DESIGN i THINK

i USED A SMALL WATCH SCREWDRIVER AND PUSHED IT INTO WHERE THE NOTCHES ARE ON THE LENS THAT LOCK IT INTO PLACE AND OPENED THEM UP VERY SLIGHTLY AND IT LOCKED ON OK, STILL VERY TIGHT BUT DOES GO ON AND OFF OK NOW