Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Trouble with the Max Lens mod

[ New ]
Nope it doesn't work. I also tried with the protection of the lens as seen in many videos. When it reaches that point, the protection slips and it cannot be turned furthermore.
Even with a tea towel applying all the force I have it just cannot be turned :(
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @firstcapt75

Make sure to align the grooves and twist with some force.
It would be a bit tight at first.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Attach the camera to a mount before twisting with a tea towel, to get extra leverage.
Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006nope as I said even applying extra-force it doesn't turn. For sure using even more force I will break something and I don't want.

But I'm just wondering the outcome of all the persons that reported this issue so far.

Was everybody able to install it eventually?

Was it replaced by the Tech support?

Hiker

Rif.: Trouble with the Max Lens mod

[ New ]

ATTENTION - IMPORTANT UPDATE Smiley Happy

In a fit of rage Smiley LOL I tried using an adjustable wrench and a towel not to ruin the lens and it turned completely!

Then it can be unmounted easily but to mount it again it needs the wrench.

But it seems that after 4 or 5 times it is starting to become easier to be turned by hand

Thanks everybody for you help Smiley Happy

Sightseer

[ New ]
I'm glad you got it one with a wrench but that shouldn't be the case. If I told GoPro Support I cracked the lens or my camera cause I used a wrench they're gonna tell me to kick rocks.

Mine is exactly as the OP. Starts to go on fine then gets tighter as it makes the grinding sound then won't go on any further. Anything tight will get loose if you **bleep** it enough but I'm not in the mood for that.
Nomad

[ New ]

I suspect it's a maching issue, have you tried gently blowing around it with an air duster to remove debris?  It may help.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I was able to get it on by leaving the case on it and a towel. It helped get the leverage to twist it on. After 2 or 3 tries I no longer need the towel but still need the cover which is fine.

It shouldn't be this difficult but I appreciate the tips. Now I need to blow some air on it cause every time I twist it on and off it leaves small bits of metal shavings.