Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Trouble with the Max Lens mod

[ New ]
Is anyone else have real trouble fitting the max lens mod to the Hero 9? Mine grinds when I try and twist it into place and then it gets stuck before it’s in. I then have trouble removing it.
GoPro

Re: Trouble with the Max Lens mod

[ New ]

Hello @rockypike345

Kindly check HERO9 Black - Max Lens Mod

Instructions on how to attach the Lens Mod starts at 01:15.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

A number of users have reported this, however it seems to be a case of just attaching it, removing it and reattaching it.  After a while, it will get easier to do.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hey, yeah not as simple as that! There’s either a fault with the bezel on the camera of the lens is faulty. Mine will 100% not fit on the camera. See my YouTube clip Max lens mod https://youtu.be/GhyqAY6_dF0
Tourist

[ New ]

yeah the same as your video, I can not fix it properly, Hero 9 is eally dissappointing !!!!!!! Actually I do not know what to!! apart from this problem, in sunny day it is really shaky and blur, and the only setting which has not problem is capturing video by 1-480. if I adjust it to 1/48 or 1/60, video quality becomes awful. 

IMG_4284.JPG
Hiker

[ New ]

Same issue here! It cannot be turned a full quarter clockwise. It can be turned only partially remaining misaligned with the cam

128200526_373016273965067_4885053461288447639_n.jpg

Sightseer

[ New ]
Had the same problem. Use a tea towel as if you were opening a jar. Worked for me.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Mine would not turn until I used a tea towel (just like I would for a stuck jar lid).